Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Clarisonic Diaries: Nov 23 2013

Ola Beauty Lovers, so I have decided to start a new series of posts about my journey with the one and only Clarisonic. There are so many mixed reviews and opinions on this product that I thought this way would be different for all my readers to see what the process is when introducing a new skin care product to your body.

So I have been using the clarisonic now for about two weeks. I was so excited to get this baby in the mail. I was hesitant to try it for the longest time but one day I got fed up with how my hormonal acne was acting, so I said F**** it lets just try it out. So I bit the bullet and bought this sucker.

As soon as I got it I ripped it open and started reading the instructions. It explains how to take care of it, how to charge it, how the battery buzzes when it is half charged or fully charged etc.

Before I started using this "tool" if you want to call it that, my face was doing OK, not great because I would have acne pop up here and there but it wasn't strikingly brutal. Plus I had heard that this sonic technology is suppose to be great for your skin....once you get over the first few weeks of bad break outs. Although I have heard some people did not experience break outs at all. Anyways this series is going to be my experience with the famous Clarisonic Mia.

With in the first week I noticed that my breakouts on my jaw line and chin were enhanced times five. By this second week, my breakouts in the same spots were enhanced times ten! Now I knew before starting this journey a lot people said that the first month will be your skin purging all the inpurities out of your skin when using this tool. So I mentally prepaired myself....sort of.

Two weeks in and my chin breakouts (which is where I usually get my bad acne) are looking like they came to party on my face and want to stay there! I am mortified. I know I should not pick at them but sometimes it gets difficult especially when you get all anxious and nervous. That is the worst time!

I don't use the clarisonic every day. After a long period of researching and checking out other peoples experiences/reviews, I decided to use this tool every other day or every third day instead of every day. I did not want to butcher my skin that much.

For those of you who do not know what the Clarisonic is (if you really don't know then your living under a rock) it's a  special, expensive tool that is suppose to work as an exfoliant/cleansing system to ensure you get rid of all the dirt and oil off your skin when you wash your face. It can also be used for your body too, but I just want to use it for the face.  

The kit that I purchased comes with the clarisonic mia, a sensitive brush, and a deluxe sample size of the Clarisonic facial cleanser. Retail cost for this kit is $135. So yes this kit is a bit pricey but I figured this device should last me a long time and should be worth it in the long run.

I guess we will see how this product will change my skin, hopefully for the better. This is going to be an interesting journey, sit tight for a rollar coaster ride my friends.

Until next time beauty lovers
MacGirl25
















No comments:

Post a Comment